BACKLUND Consulting as an advicer regarding Alternatives to Conventional Wastewater Treatment - Alternatives aiming at Closing The Loop in Sanitation regarding Water & Nutrients using among others Diverting Toilet Systems & Waterless Urinals and Zero Discharge Willow Evapotranspiration Systems. Advice regarding Multifunctional Short Rotation Willow Plantations Irrigated with Pre Treated Wastewater and Sludge - Combining Biomass Energy Production and Phytoremediation of Cadmium in Soils improving Soil and Products Quality in Agriculture - is also an important Consulting Area.
BACKLUND has Expert Knowledge regarding Sustainable Sanitary Solutions and has participated in many project giving advice to Environmental Protection Agencies, Counties, Municipalities, Organizations, Consultants and Individuals. We among others assist:
- Consultants and Engineering Companies with Special Knowledge in Projects
- Authorities Dveloping Competences regarding Sustainable Sanitary Solutions for Rural Areas, Eco Villages, Summer Cottages, Allotment Gardens and other Off Grid Living
- Aid Organizations by supplying Special Knowledge and Experience to the Planning and Implementation of Sanitary Projects in Developing Countries
- Schools and Universities by assisting in Planning of and lecturing in Metablic Rift & Matabolic Shift related to Food, Water & Nutrients Streams related to Sanitation
- Sanitation Customers Selecting System, Technology and Components
- Producers trying to Develope & Market Sustainable Systems
BACKLUND has among others worked with:
Backlund Niras Nordes Arrangement September 2014
Ecological Sanitation - Natural Resources Management for Sustaianable Development with 20 participants from Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Ghana, Indonesia, Kenya, Mozambique, Myanmar and Uganda. Arne Backlund is advicing and showing Organic Allotment Garden "Slottet" (The Castle) in Denmark.http://www.facebook.com/Backlunddk/photos_stream?tab=photos_albums
"On-Site Wastewater Treatment Research"
"Assessment of disposal options for treated wastewater from single houses on low permeability subsoils".
Research project "Science, Technology, Research & Innovation for the Environment" (STRIVE) 2011 - 2014. http://onsiteresearch.ie/
Arne Backlund is an External Expert Member of the Project Team in co-operation with 3 Irish Universities and contributes with Expert Knowledge about Willow Evapotranspiration Systems and Sustainable Sanitation / Ecological Sanitation.
Appendix to Wastewater Plan Number 2/September 2011 - Klinteby and Karrebækstorp. Næstved Municipality. Assessment regarding Willow Evapotranspiration Systems regarding technology and economy. Project and consultancy work (2010-2011) for Niras A/S and Næstved Municipality.
Willow Evapotranspiration Systems compared to Traditional Wastewater Sewage Systems for rural houses as foreseen in the approved Appendix to current wastewater plans in Næstved municipality from 2009. Project and consultancy work (2009-2010) for Nielsen & Risager and NK-Forsyning A/S.
Dewatering of Bio-Sludge in GeoTubes Planted with Willow
Expert Knowledge and delivering Optimized Willow (2010) in a project Dewatering Biological Wastewater Sludge i Geo Tubes planted with Willow at the Central Wastewater Treatment Plant in Municipality Næstved, Denmark.
Willow Evapotranspiration Systems and Sustainable Sanitary Solutions.
Arne Backlund Advices (2009-2010) Næstved Municipality regarding Alternatives to Central Wastewater Solutions Based on Sewers.
ORIO - Organic Residuals - Closing the Loop of Resources.
Arne Backlund assists Cowi Norway (Interconsult) with Expert Knowledge (2005) to the reports:
- Types of Systems Tested in the Kolon-Project
- Composting of Sludge and Weet Organic Waste
- Odour Problems Related to Wastewater Treatment - Composting and Landfill
Helsingborg INTERREG - Handbook about Urine Diversion
Arne Backlund contributes with expert knowledge about Sustainable Sanitary Solutions (2004-2005) to Swedish Consultants as a part of a INTERREG IIIA-Project in “Reduction of Nutrient Transport by Sustainable Pollution Control" (in Danish and Swedish).